The Aspidistra is a popular foliage house plant. It’s very tough so it doesn’t require intensive care. This leathery plant is mainly kept for its beautiful foliage. It’s a great houseplant for cooler areas of your house. With these plants, you can have a bit of tropical charm inside your home.
The Aspidistra is an old favorite: it was one of the most popular plants during the Victorian era, along with the Kentia palm. These plants were great for Victorian houses – these houses were not really bright and airy so they required tough plants.
As stated above, the Aspidistra is a tough plant. It doesn’t require much light or perfect aeration. In addition to this, it can tolerate many other unfavorable conditions:
- Dust. It will not only tolerate dust but also cold, heat, wet soil, drought and dimply lighted places.
- Neglect. The Aspidistra can readily tolerate general neglect, so it’s a great plant for beginner gardeners.
- Low temperatures. This plant can tolerate low temperatures well, without any injury to the foliage.
- Low light levels. The Aspidistra can tolerate light as low as 10 foot candles.
- In addition to this, the Aspidistra makes a great addition to any cut flower arrangement since its foliage can last for weeks, pest and disease free.
Items may be substituted if not in season or unavailable. Substitution will be equivalent to value and quality. Item supplied may vary from picture provided.
Our flowers may arrive unopened but the buds will come into bloom within a day or two.
In the rare event that a substitution is necessary through flower supply difficulties, we may substitute with flowers of similar or superior style, quality and value.